I will give you a few things to think about that are simple to understand.
Global warming is NOT about whether it is hot today, or cold today, it is about extremes... Extreme temperatures, cold or hot, Extreme weather patterns, extreme droughts, extreme floods etc..
Laws of Thermodynamics
The main one you need to think about is the fact that all energy in the universe remains constant. It cannot be either created or destroyed. It is merely transformed into another form of energy. Heat, Sound, Light, etc.
Think about this.. Think about the things you do every day with the energy at your disposal..
1. When you drive, you use gasoline to propel yourself, right... How do you slow down? You apply the brakes.. How do the brakes slow you down?? Friction of the brake pads aginst the brake rotor, and what does friction create?? Hot brake rotors.. So you burn fossil fuels to speed up, then you use friction to slow you down, over and over and over and over again.. So basically you burn fossil fuels and produce heat from it when you slow down. This does not even address the carbon emissions.
2. When you turn on an incandescent light bulb what do you do? You use energy to produce light energy, and of course heat energy. That is why the bulb gets hot. . Most of the energy when you turn on the lights is transformed into heat energy.
3. When you take a shower in the morning what do you? You use energy to heat up the water.. So again you transform the burning of coal, natural gas, or some form of fuel to create HOT water.
4. When you cook on the stove what do you do? You either burn natural gas, coal, fossil fuels, to produce heat through conduction with electric elements or convection with natural gas to cook your food. Again you transform energy into heat energy. This is the same for a microwave.
5. When you crank up your car/home stereo what do you do. You use energy to produce sound energy and what...? Heat energy as your amplifiers get hot!!
6. When you turn on a fan what do you do? You use energy to turn the motor, the motor produces heat and of course wind. Same deal energy transformed into heat.
There are many many examples in everyones daily life. As you can see there are many forms of energy used to produce heat energy in the end. This does not even address using energy to heat up your house, business, car, etc.
Will we all just sit here on our hands, acting like this is not real until it is too late to do anything about it.. This is about the world we live in, this is not some throw away commodity that we can just buy over again. Will we be like everyone and just deny everything until it smacks us and our children in the face? Will we be like Michael Vick, Marion Jones, Eliot Spitzer, larry Craig, Roger Clemens, Barry Bonds, and all the others liars that deny everything until they can deny no longer? We all can make a difference as a group. Small things on a large scale will make a difference. We need to do something before it is too late.
A new report by the NOAA, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, stating that w4e should expect more of what is going on currently in the coming years. Flooding, Drought, Intense storms like the 1000's of tornadoes this year in the midwest.
Journal of Science released a study in France showing that a significant amount of plant species are shifting their place of growth higher up on mountians migrating towards the cooler temperatures..
Another Study by the Canadian Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences showing changes in the water temperature have catered to fish species that adapt better to the increase in temperature. Species that cannot adapt are dying and moving to more appropriate areas where water temperature is cooler and they can survive.
A head Scientist from Nasa stated that we are in a dire situation and that if we do not reduce carbon emmisions to levels of 20 years ago, we are "Toast"
Tony Blair, Former PM of England pleas with the world to do something about climate change before it is too late.
Scientists say that there is a 50/50 chance that there will be NO ice in the north pole for the first time in recorded huistory.
Michael Jackson wrote a song in 1995 called Earth Song on the History album. He plea for people to look at their destruction of our planet, he was way ahead of his time im this attempting a plea to his vast audience that sometimes does not see the news.. Take a listen, and read the lyrics, there is a lot of reality. Remember this was 13 years ago.
Especially the last line, "Do We Give a Dam"
Get your head out of the sand, stand up and look around? If you cannot see, you are blinded by something. Will we all just wait till the last minute, till it is too late, and the damage to our Earth will be irreversable? Unfortunately I think the answer is YES!